An employee has put petrol into a diesel car. The employee hired the car for the day, on behalf of and in the name of the company, for her to use for business purposes. The hire agreement includes insurance with an excess of £500. The driving policy that we currently have only covers personal responsisbilty for motoring offences or parking fines whilst driving for Business.
Should the company pay the cost of the excess for this error or pass the cost to the employee?
Kristina Coleman

Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.