This blog was originally posted as part of community manager Henry’s monthly round-up.
Time seems to be flying past – we’re nearly done with half of the year already! To make up for the vanishing hours, I wanted to do something a little different so stick around for some exciting news…
As always, thanks to everyone who has been blogging, commenting as well as asking & answering questions on the site. HRZone is and always has been a great source of knowledge and support for professionals and it couldn’t happen without your ideas and insights.
In case you missed them, our quickfire highlights for the last month in blogs are:
- DerekIrvine takes a look at the controversial move from a real estate agent that offered a 15% raise to employees who volunteered to have their logo tattooed on them. It raises a lot of points about how companies need to do more than bribe employee’s loyalty.
- Mark Allison weighs up the pros and cons of conducting employee surveys when times are tough
- Cezanne HR shares some wise advice about where and when it’s best to get involved versus when to step back to avoid “meddling”, which isn’t always easy!
We also saw some great Any Answers posts:
- William David considers the impact of casual dress in a workplace.
- Burkie is looking for advice on preparing a five year capability strategy for a somewhat short-sighted organisation. Can you help?
- Ever wondered when a DBS / CRB check is required? Rachel’s question raises some helpful answers
Now, on to the news! HRZone is getting a bit of a revamp. The teams here at Sift Media are still hard at work making sure everything is ready to go next month but we can lift the curtain and give a bit of a preview of the new site now.
We’re building it to respond to your screen size so it’ll also look great and work perfectly on your desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile phone, making it easy to access content and get involved in the conversations wherever you are. We’re aiming to launch early next month and you’ll be hearing more very soon. In the meantime, take a look at our sneak peek and let us know what you think!