Acas has developed a free online learning package to help businesses and organisations best manage redundancies in the workplace.
The course covers topics including:
* redundancy – where do I begin?
* statutory consultation requirements;
* undertaking individual consultation;
* the employer’s obligations to employees facing redundancy;
* statutory and voluntary information requirements.
The e-learning course also gives a definition of redundancy and looks at how important consultation and communication is to the redundancy process. It is available at the Acas website.
In 2003 Acas received 4,386 applications to employment tribunals relating to redundancy pay and 103 requests to help settle large-scale disputes.
Acas’ other online learning packages on Discipline and Grievances at work, including the new three-step-procedure, and Information and Consultation have attracted almost 5,000 users in the last two months.