Fortune magazine recently reported the off-the-wall case of a US-based start-up, SeaCode who plan to literally house their computer programmers in an ocean liner just off the coast of Los Angeles.
That way they avoid American labour laws and can pay staff less. Similar to the case of the numerous call centres now operated from the developing countries albeit with more land under their feet.
This got the Couch?! team thinking. We’d like to hear, where you’d be prepared to offshore to.
Our top ten ‘offshoring’ wish list includes:
- Any tropical island – think of the cocktails and sunshine
- Our beds – it gives duvet days another meaning
- Number 10 – it could be interesting to be a fly-on-the-wall
- BBC Television Centre – celeb spotting can’t be bad
- Harrods – a bit of retail therapy in between tasks
- A spa retreat – to soothe away those aches and pains
- A cruise liner – a bit of a song and a dance?
- Las Vegas – for some real brain power at the casinos
- A place without a broadband connection – just a little peace and quiet
- Anywhere a million miles from the boss – you can but dream
What would be your ideal ‘offshore’ destination? Post your comments in the box below.