We are looking for a good name for the person in a team responsible for helping a new colleage to settle in. ‘Mentor’ is a different role altogether, ‘buddy’ is just not it and ‘godfather’ is a term used by our French colleagues, one which we cannot use for a couple of reasons!!

What does your company call the person who is given this role? Do you have a job description for the role?
We are trying to formalise this a little to help make sure it happens consistently throughout the company.

I’d appreciate your help.


wendy evans

Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.