I worked for Organisation X for around three years before leaving to come to my current organisation in June 2004.

Organisation X withheld 1% of the annual pay increase due in August 2003 due to financial difficulties and promised to pay it, fully backdated to August 2003, when the money situation was clearer.

This didn’t happen while I was there, but an ex-colleague has told me that Organisation X is now paying the additional 1% pay rise and backdating it to August 2003 for all current employees.

1% isn’t a great deal of money, but its nice to have and I worked at Organisation X for 9 of the months they are now backdating. Am I entitled to approach Organisation X asking for my 1% pay backdated from August 2003 to June 2004?

Gary Cookson