I will soon be dealing with a payroll involving a selection of nurses. They were formally employed by the NHS and were subject to NI under letter D (COSR).

They will continue to contract out and pay contributions under a scheme as before.

How do I go about obtaining a ECON number? (I believe this is needed for the end of year returns)

Can I continue to use the same NI letter as before, or should I be waiting for some clearance/approval from IR?

Many thanks