An employee is having necessary cosmetic surgery privately. They have been advised not to work for 2 weeks.

I have been asked how they should cover this absence, as they are not actually sick, should it be holiday or unpaid leave. Don’t know at this stage if Doctor/private hospital will provide them with a certificate.

Some advice please would be appreciated.

Gill Mackie

Gillian Mackie

Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.