An employee has left having taken 7 more days than entitled to at his leaving date. He is paid weekly in arrears and didn’t turn up for his final week and therefore didn’t work his notice either. I paid him for the prior week before anyone told me that he hadn’t turned up or that he was leaving.

Our Contracts state that excess holiday pay may be deducted from the final payslip but he has already received his and that is no longer an option.

I would be inclined to let it go but my boss wants the money back! An invoice is the only option I can think of (for the nett amount?) but I really don’t think he will pay it and it won’t be worth going to court over.

I would appreciate any other views on this one.
Jane Dines