We have an employee who we want to send on an overseas assignment for a period of time. Does anyone have any website contacts which explains the tax and ni implications of someone working overseas and being paid from the UK, or alternatively being paid locally (in Hong Kong). The Inland Revenue website does not give clear information, and short of employing an accountant or tax expert I cannot find any clear advice.

Joanna Guy