My employer agreed fuel benefit earlier this year, saying that I would only be expected to pay my own fuel for high mileage private trips, quoting as an example “if you go to Scotland” (I live in greater London). He is now saying that any private mileage of over a nominal figure (10 miles per week was quoted) should be paid for by me.
Can he do this?
If so, how do I avoid the full tax charge which assumes ALL my private mileage is paid for?
Alex Sinclair