Employee loyalty cannot be automatically earned; you have to put in an effort to make your employees trust you. Do you know the concerns of your employees? What steps have you taken to improve the trust they have for you and other top managers?
The need for trust
It takes a mutual effort to develop trust between the employees and the organization. Both sides have to give and receive equally for trust to develop between them. It is good to get feedback regarding your employees’ welfare, but proactive steps should be taken to address these issues and win their trust. The manager who receives the feedback should ensure that the details of these issues are satisfactorily addressed to build trust.
Work with employee feedback
The information gathered from your employees as feedback will indicate what your employees are thinking about and their needs. You can determine why the level of employee engagement is either increasing or decreasing.
Some practical solutions include the following:
- Make arrangements for a meeting with your employees to discuss their issues and the solutions that will be long-lasting.
- Focus on the driver on employee engagement and how they can be improved. Encourage your employees to participate in an open discussion to find lasting solutions regarding the improvement of the workplace to make their jobs better.
- Develop a plan to implement the changes while considering suggestions from your employees. This plan can be spread over a period of three months with milestones set to ensure that there is progress.
Work with accurate information
Some companies share that the advantage of a direct feedback system such as interviews is that you will get honest and accurate feedback from your employees. Efforts should be made to ensure that feedback is obtained anonymously to encourage your employees to participate. The advantage of anonymous participation is that your employees will feel happy that you want to know how they feel and you respect their privacy about such sensitive issues.
When you have found out areas that need to be fully addressed, it is time to get some crucial suggestions to help you develop lasting solutions. Acting at this point can increase the level of trust because your employees are probably used to employers overlooking their demands and needs.
Consider the following action plan:
- Compile and closely study the feedback collected. Request for private meetings with the employees who raised crucial points and find ways to implement the solutions satisfactorily.
- Encourage participation in providing feedback by letting your employees know you need the information to act in their interest. Examine different approaches to solve the problems that have been identified.
- Encourage a culture of knowledge sharing among your employees, and act quickly to address issues that can be immediately resolved while making elaborate plans to resolve the bigger problems.
- Developing trust and building a bond in your workplace can be a long process especially if the situation was very bad. But it can be done. After working to achieve this goal for about six months, you should see some positive results.
Employee loyalty is crucial to the success of your business. It will make your customers feel happy to come back for more purchases after pleasant customer experience.