HR professionals are shown to be completely out of synch with the thoughts and feelings of their employees, according to a study by HR specialists Kenexa.
Kenexa argues: "This disconnect between HR professionals and employees is not a sign that HR doesn’t fully grasp the effects of its decisions, but rather that HR has become distanced from employees—leading to misunderstanding of where the employee mindset truly is."
- 69 percent of employers believe employees are engaged, while only 34 percent of employees claim to be
- 81 percent of HR professionals think employees would recommend the organization to a friend. Only 38 percent actually would
- 71 percent of HR professionals think the organization has fair benefits while only 48 percent of employees agree with this statement
- 53 percent of HR professionals think they provide fair compensation compared to only 30 percent of employees
- 83 percent of HR professionals think their employees plan to stay for the next year. 41 percent of employees agree with this statement